Truecaller is a smartphone app, which is very useful for everyone. Caller id, call-blocking, flash-messaging, call-recording, Chat & Voice features are available in the Truecaller app. To get services users should provide a mobile number and register with Truecaller. It has free and paid both services.
Truecaller is used by more than 500 million people worldwide. You may also know about this app and use it. Why is this app so popular? What special features are available in this app? Let’s know.
What is Truecaller App?
Truecaller is very useful for identifying unknown callers. This app has features of the caller id, blocking spam calls and messages, flash-messaging, recording calls, Chat & Voice.
If you are tired of unknown spam calls, this is very useful for you. Truecaller users can easily identify and block spam phone calls and messages with the app. It is available on Android and iOS platforms.
Would you like to install the Truecaller app? More than 500 million active installations in Android till now. If you are new to Truecaller, it is good to know about its features and can be helpful:
How to install Truecaller app?
Truecaller app is available on Android and iOS platforms. If you want to install the Truecaller app on your Android phone. Simply log in to the Google Play Store and search for Truecaller and install it. or click here.
If you are an iOS user and want to install on an iOS device, Go to the App Store and install it. or click here.
You can upload your photos, address, email address and website in the profile. Your Truecaller profile can also be connected to Google and Facebook accounts.
If you are very careful about your privacy, you can also decide who can see your profile. For that, you can go to General Settings and select the people who are eligible to view your profile.
How Truecaller identify caller name?
Truecaller keeps data from users’ phonebooks. Based on those data, the app displays the name of the caller in every phone call. If Truecaller is installed in your phone, the caller’s name is displayed even if it is not saved in the phone book.
After installing the app, it asks for permission for your phonebook contacts and messages. The numbers and names saved on your phone are also saved on the true caller data center. Based on that, Truecaller displays caller names, which could be wrong or misleading. If you have saved someone’s name incorrectly or given a nickname, TrueCaller will display the same data. But most of the time it used to be correct.
How to change the name
- Open your Android phone or iPhone TrueColor app.
- Click on the menu icon at the top left in Android. (In iOS it is on the top right side.)
- Click on the edit icon on the side of the name and phone number. (Shows the Edit Profile option in iOS.)
- You can then change the name by filling in your first and last name.
How to create a business profile
- You are signing in to Truecaller for the first time and you can create a business profile by going to Create Business Profile.
- If you are already using Truecaller, go to the Menu icon.
- Then go to the Edit Profile option.
- Then choose the Create a Business Profile option.
- Then tap Continue, agreeing to the terms and policies there.
- Now fill in your details and press the finish button.
How to place or remove tags?
- Go to the Truecaller app.
- Click on the menu icon.
- Go to the edit icon (go to the edit profile on iOS).
- Scroll down and you will find the Add Tag option. In which favorite tags can be added or removed.
How to deactivate TrueCaller account
Worried about your privacy, don’t want to give permission to your phonebook and messages? You can deactivate Truecaller. To deactivate follow the instruction below.
- Open the Truecaller app.
- Go to the menu icon
- Go to settings
- Click on Privacy Center.
- Then click Deactivate at the end.
- This is how Truecaller can be Deactivated on Android phones.
- iOS device users can delete their account by going to the ‘Delete My Data’ option. All your details in TrueCaller are deleted.