Nepal’s leading Telecom company Ncell has published vacancy for the Finance Controller job. Interested and eligible candidate can apply for the job.
Job: Finance Controller
Department: Finance and Procurement Department
Duty Station: Current requirement is in Kathmandu but can be placed anywhere in Nepal as per business needs and future requirements.
Purpose of Role:
- Accounting Operations: To ensure proper, accurate and timely accounting of Ncell’s state of financial affairs and to maintain adequate level of internal control system in place so as to ensure effective utilization of company resources, establish reliability and integrity of accounting and financial information and to safeguard assets of the company.
- Tax Operations: Maintain and improve Tax Management System to lawfully reduce tax expenses including tax penalty risk, hence maintaining and improving Effective Tax Rate.
Main responsibility areas:
1. To develop Accounting, Treasury and Tax as top-notch support functions in the value chain of the company in full compliance with NFRS, IFRS, Axiata Group Standards and in cognizance of financial risks and its management.
- Formulate Accounting, Treasury and Tax Procedure that guides day to day operations in the contribution of organizational objectives.
2. To provide overall monitoring and direction to Accounting and Tax functions in line with company policy, developments in related functions, professional pronouncements and local legislations.
- Keep abreast of change in company policy and procedure, professional pronouncements and local legislations that have bearing upon the functioning of related functions.
- Update relevant company policy and procedures to make them living documents.
- Timely and accurate closure of monthly accounts in line with Nepal / International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Perform revenue recognition with due focus to accuracy and completeness of material items.
- Perform periodical debtors reconciliation, creditors reconciliation, bank reconciliation to ensure that balance sheet items are fully reconciled.
- Follow up and recover debtors, advances and deposits to make sure that they are settled within reasonable time.
- Make sure that liability creation is performed only for the goods and services received for the company.
- File income tax returns, value-added tax returns, ownership tax and telecom service charge returns as required by local legislation accurately and within the due dates.
- Support new products and tariffs from accounting, tax, fraud and revenue perspectives.
- Ensure that CAPEX items are duly accounted for, capitalized, depreciated in accordance with policies, procedures, standards.
- Ensure that assets of the company is insured from theft, burglary, riot, natural calamity, and related risks.
- Regular/adequate assets impairment review and inventory impairment review.
3. To look for opportunities for continuous improvements including work to resolve control issues recommended by group auditor, statutory auditor, internal auditor.
- Fix the basics and continuously look to deliver the high service standard.
- Eliminate, Simplify, Standardize, Automate (ESSA) policy, processes, procedures to create lean operations that are more efficient, and effective.
- Prioritize control gaps and work to resolve them in due consideration of available resources.
4. To engage employees through identification of employee strengths, harness loyalty and commitment to superior performance.
- Motivate team to identify strengths in order to exploit them for the achievement of professional and organizational objectives.
- Encourage to demonstrate loyalty and commitment.
- Readying the team for succession planning and knowledge development through various mechanisms namely job rotation, on the job training, classroom training, etc.
5. To formulate long range plan and annual business plan (Capex and Opex)
- Align Accounting, Tax and Digitization “initiatives with the long term and annual business plan and strategy.
- Ensure smart spending and zero based budgeting to ensure cost reduction and optimization.
6. To ensure that the most competitive and suitable partners/vendors are engaged.
- Ensure that business requirements are properly detailed in RFP without favoring vendors and brands.
- Formulate technical criteria in evaluating quotations from vendors/partners.
- Ensure that partners/vendors are engaged in order to get best out of them.
- Ensure timely payments are made to all Ncell vendors/partners for services already rendered.
7. To provide a high standard of customer experience with timely and accurate information and decision support.
8. To improve superior customer experience through feedback system.
Your qualification and experience:
- Master’s / Professional Degree in Accounting / Finance or relevant domain from a reputable University / Higher Academic Institution with at least 8 years of relevant working experience (with at least 3 years in management level) in the telecommunication sector.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance or relevant domain from a reputable University / Higher Academic Institution with at least 10 years of relevant working experience (with at least 6 years in management level) in the telecommunication sector.
- Managerial experience in Accounting, Tax, Audit, Treasury, Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management in large size business organization is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of successful delivery in complex business organization.
- Working under pressure in multi-cultural environment,
- Fair understanding of local legislations and professional pronouncements affecting the business.
- Knowledge of telecom industry, its products, services and offerings.
- Should have proven ability to lead/ develop the analytics team along with long term strategic moves.
- Able to actively provide insights and recommendations for the functional or business unit-level strategic plans.
- Able to anticipate future needs and develops innovative solutions that addresses long-term needs of the function or business unit.
- Able to recommend opportunities for the company to monetize or improve its bottom line, processes and strategy.
- Able to create the linkages of his/her own function with other parts of the organization to generate greater business value.
- Takes personal responsibility for correcting customer problems – corrects problems
- promptly and un-defensively.
- Gets action and commitment of others by forging good relationships with relevant stakeholders involved.
- Focuses ambition for the company and not for self.
- Excellent people handling skills and proven track record of people leadership in the philosophy of leading from behind, and also takes accountability for team’s performance and addresses poor performers.
- Welcomes & learns from the challenge of unfamiliar tasks or first-time problems to form a perspective.
- Demonstrated high commitment for excellence, continuous learning and improvement,
- Demonstrated track record of integrity, honesty and professionalism,
- Professional scepticism and challenge to status quo,
- High respect for rule of land, governance, company policies and procedures, and best industry practices,
- Ability to take sound decision while put under pressure,
- Excellent interpersonal abilities with presentation skills,
- Effective verbal and written communication – Local and English – with all levels of management, employees, with business partners and with government officers.
- Multi-tasking ability,
- Eyes for details and passion for perfection.
What we offer:
International Working Environment, Performance Management Process, Internal Opportunities, Ncell Academy, Trainings, Work – Life Balance, Flexible Working Practices, Competitive Compensation, Festive Bonus, Social Security Fund, Incentives, Leave Travel Allowance, Medical Insurance, Gratuity, Communication Facilities, etc.
Note: Priority will be given to Nepalese Citizens.
Shortlisting will be done on the basis of your answers and uploaded documents while applying, therefore answer the questions carefully. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.