The incident of cyber attacks has been on the rise in recent times. Moreover, the use of the Internet during lockdowns, our online accounts are at greater risk. Here we will share idea, How to create a strong password.
We are using many online accounts in our daily life. We all have accounts on popular social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube. Most of us connect with the world through such social networks.
We have been hearing the news that not only Facebook, YouTube, Google accounts but also websites have been hacked. The blogs and websites we operate are also targeted by cyber hackers, and the security of emails is considered to be more important.
Passwords are the only way to protect such accounts from hackers online. You need to strengthen your account password to prevent any of your online accounts from being hacked.
Most people use simple passwords or letters to make it easier to remember. It is very common to use numbers and letters like your date of birth, place of birth, name or surname as an online account. There are still many people who have the same password in many accounts. In this way, hackers can easily find the user’s password and the risk of hacking the account is high.
Every year, the first Thursday in May is celebrated as World Password Day. On the occasion of the Password Day, There are several things to consider when creating a strong password.
we suggest 5 tips to create a strong password
- Password must be long: According to Various data, the password must be at least 8 digits long. To strengthen your password, you need to use mixture of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols in your password.
- Passwords should be different: Internet users should use different passwords in their different online accounts. Do not use the same password on more than one account. Having the same password in all accounts can cause your accounts to be hacked. Either you can generate different password for each account with password generator tools.
- Passwords must be creative: Some users use very simple things as passwords for their own convenience. Including your name, surname or analogy like 12345, the name of the school, the name of the area you live in, the name of your favorite sports club. It is risky to have such a password for convenience. Hackers can easily find your password and hack your account. So be a little creative when choosing a password that hackers can’t crack.
- Don’t put personal information in the password: Putting personal information in password is risky for you, this may lead your account hacked. Your name, address, date of birth, school name, phone number and email etc. should not be used as passwords. This can make it easier for other people or hackers to find your password and hack your account.
- Keep changing passwords: Don’t keep the same password for too long. Passwords need to be changed from time to time. If for some reason your password has been shared with another person or someone else knows your password, change the password immediately. Sharing password to your friends and family is not even safe.